Students who are interested in performing service that is not course-related, either individually or through a campus club, should document their hours with the Center for Civic Engagement to receive recognition from the college and to access a co-curricular community service transcript.Steps involved for Community Service:
- Read the Pre-Service Training Guide then complete the Pre-Service Self-Test. If you are under 18 years of age, please have your parent or guardian complete a Parental Permission slip in order to participate.
- Identify a community partner from a nonprofit organization for whom you will volunteer a minimum of 10 unpaid hours over the semester. You may use established BCC Community Partners or other nonprofit agencies.
- Perform a minimum of 10 unpaid hours of service.
- Submit a completed Individual Community Service Record by the 11th week of the semester.
- Receive Certificate of Appreciation and a community service notation on a .