Student Complaints

Students, we want to hear from you if your experience is not going well. Please click here and fill out this brief form and someone from our staff will get back to you within 48 hours. If you wish to call and speak with someone directly, please call the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 774.357.2150.

Safety Issues

For violations of the law including assault, vandalism, alcohol/drug use, stalking, or if you just don’t feel safe, contact the Campus Police at 774.357.2218.

Accessibility Issues

For accessibility concerns, contact the ADA Compliance Officer 774.357.2264. To request accommodations to access programming, contact Disability Services at 774.357.2955.

Discrimination Issues

If you feel discriminated against because of race, creed, color, religion, natural origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or veteran status, contact the Diversity & Title IX Officer at 774.357.2264.

Academic Issues

For academic Issues, start with your professor. If the issue isn’t resolved or you can’t reach your professor, make an appointment to see the Dean of the Division in which the course is taught. If you are unsure of whom the Dean is, contact the Academic Affairs office at 774.357.2185.

Student Conduct Concerns

For concerns involving possible Student Code of Conduct violations, contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 774.357.2150.

Formal Process

Most problems can be solved informally, but there is a formal Student Grievance Procedure which is outlined in the Student Handbook. You can access the Student Grievance Procedure here. Contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs at 774.357.2150 for more information.

State Process

The Massachusetts Department of Higher Education attempts to provide an avenue for informal resolution of matters concerning institutions. The Department cannot require an institution to take any specific action in a matter and cannot provide legal advice.

After a student, who takes classes in person and/or online, submits a complaint to the Board of Higher Education, the complaint is referred to the institution it concerns for explanation, response, and resolution, if possible. The institution generally has 30 days from its receipt of the complaint from the Board to provide a response to the student and the Board. If the forthcoming clarification and response do not satisfy the Board, the matter shall be referred to the Consumer Protection Division and/or the Public Charities Division of the Attorney General's Office.

For more information about the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education Student Complaint Process, please visit this page. Students located in Massachusetts are encouraged to use this form when filing complaints against Bristol Community College with the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education. 

For questions regarding completing a student complaint form or on the status of a submitted complaint/inquiry, please contact the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education’s legal office at 617.994.6963.

SARA Complaints Process

The Massachusetts Department of Higher Education, in its capacity as the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) portal entity for Massachusetts, reviews and evaluates student complaints regarding distance learning programs offered by Massachusetts-based institutions that are members of SARA in accordance with 610 CMR 12.07.

Complaints that should be filed as a SARA Complaint are those that pertain to distance (online) education provided by Massachusetts-based SARA institutions to students residing in SARA member states and territories other than Massachusetts.

Complaints about Bristol Community College’s operations or activities in SARA member states and territories outside of Massachusetts can be filed here and will be resolved pursuant to 610 CMR 12.07 or otherwise in accordance with the institution's policies. For more information, please visit the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education's SARA Complaints website here

Fill out my online form.