Bristol Community College Mission & Core Values
BCC’s vision statement states the goal we hope to achieve everyday: Bristol Community College changes the world by changing lives, learner by learner.
As the leading resource for education and workforce development in southeastern Massachusetts, Bristol Community College provides programs that promote individual opportunity and the region's economic health. Our programs offer a strong foundation in liberal arts and sciences; career-ready education in health sciences, engineering and technology, and business; and comprehensive developmental education and adult literacy services; delivered in a learner- centered, supportive community. The College also develops active partnerships with business and industry, preK-12, colleges and universities, and social service agencies to maintain relevance and effectiveness of all credit and noncredit programming. We value and respect diversity within the College and the world. Bristol Community College prepares well-rounded learners for employment and for life.
Bristol Community College supports the following Statement of Core Values as an expression of its shared beliefs and as a foundation on which to build student success and the practice of lifelong learning.
- Foster commitment to lifelong learning and personal growth through general and career-specific education
- Place the needs of learners first
- Facilitate student success by reducing barriers to educational access
- Provide support services and a physical environment that foster student success
- Promote initiative, creativity, innovation, leadership, and outstanding performance in our educational programs and in student performance
- Practice the highest standards of teaching and learning
- Advocate and model teamwork, cooperation, and collaboration
- Improve institutional effectiveness through continuous assessment
- Provide an environment that fosters respect, fairness, responsibility, trust, and honesty
- Maintain a governance structure that encourages shared decision making, transparency, and collegiality
- Provide stewardship and accountability to all constituents
- Respond to the evolving educational needs of a diverse community
- Incorporate the diverse life experiences, achievements, and contributions of all members of our community into the college culture
- Support cultural enrichment and advance economic partnerships throughout our community
- Collaborate with regional, educational, health and social service, and business organizations to strengthen our community.
Public Records Officer - Joyce Brennan
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:45:00 GMT