Disney College Program
The Disney College Program is “a one-of-a-kind, Disney-designed combination of education and work experience." Participants are given a unique opportunity to learn, work and live in Disney World.
The Learning Experience provides students with an opportunity to build transferable skills that include relationship building, problem solving, plus written and verbal communication. Participants will also be able to tap into educational opportunities that offer new courses based on WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort management expertise.
The Work Experience allows the participant to earn real-world experience with a leader in the industry. Participants work a minimum of 30 hours a week in an hourly, non-supervisory position.
The Living Experience allows cast mates to make friendships that cover the globe and enjoy all the privileges of being a Cast Member at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort, including free Theme Park admission and discounts that cover resorts, merchandise and more.
To participate, you must be a full-time enrolled student. You must have completed at least one full-time semester at the time of the interview to be eligible.
For more information, please register on the BCC Co-op website.
- All Majors are considered for participation in the Disney College Program.
- You must have completed at least one full-time semester (minimum of 12 credits) at the time of the interview.
- You must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA (no exceptions).
- Students participating in the College Work Program must be receiving credit for this program. At BCC credit can only be attained through the Cooperative Education Office. Students must fill out a Cooperative Education Application.
Application & Interview Information
- Go to https://www.myinterfase.com/bristol/student/ and apply. Fill in the required fields and select "Disney only" and the semester you wish to work in the Disney College Program. Phone interviews are held the semester before placement. Any updated information from Disney will be forwarded to you by registering with Co-op.
- Attend an on-campus e-presentation information. Information will be sent directly to you.
- To apply to Disney, a link to the Disney College Program can be found on the Cooperative Education student site or go directly to www.disneycollegeprogram.com and follow all Disney requirements.
- If you are contacted for an interview, the Disney College Program will notify the Co-op Office when a job offer is made. You will receive a letter from Disney as to whether or not you have been hired. Letters are sent generally within 2 weeks following the interviews.
- Make sure you follow the directions on your Disney letter and send in all required forms. Failure to do so may result in changes in your assignment. If you choose not to attend, please let Disney College Recruiting office know.
- For further information contact the Cooperative Education Office, K123, 508-678-2811, ext. 2407.
Before, During and After the Disney College Program
Before you begin your semester at Disney
- Register for Co-op! The Disney College Program requires that you earn academic credit or receive recognition while working. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are enrolled in CED 210 while interning with Walt Disney World if you wish to retain your status. If you do not register and pay the appropriate fees, you risk losing your student status and may be removed from the Disney College Program.
- Meet with a Co-op Coordinator in order to go over your CED 210 and/or CED 220 course requirements so that you can receive credit for your experience once you return.
- If you need to apply for Financial Aid for next year, complete and sign the forms before you leave!
- Make sure you have your health plan information. If you need a letter for your insurance to verify your academic status, please contact the Co-op Office.
- Bring money with you to buy food and necessities for first two weeks.
- Make plans to travel safely.
While at Disney and Upon Your Return
- During your first two weeks at Disney, return the placement form to the Cooperative Eduation Office. Be sure to indicate which location/attraction you have been assigned to for your work experience.
- If you would like to register on-line for courses at BCC for next semester while in Florida, you can obtain registration and course information through the accessBCC website. If necessary, contact Peg Curro, Co-op Director, for your pin number.
- If you leave the program for any reason, contact the Co-op Office. Depending on time spent and reason for leaving, you may be able to finish your co-op requirements and receive a grade.
- At the end of the Disney College Program, contact the Co-op Office at 508.678.2811, ext. 2407 to set up an appointment to make sure all requirements are complete. Bring any Disney coursework grades with you.