The Office of Academic Affairs provides oversight and leadership for all credit-bearing academic programs, instruction, and support services at all College locations, including online.
Activities and areas of responsibility include oversight of curriculum, planning, budget administration, staffing, professional development for faculty and professional staff, development of degree and certificate programs, and various professional accreditations.
The fundamental goal of the Office of Academic Affairs is to promote student learning by fostering excellence in teaching and an environment that promotes individual students to develop into critical thinkers and autonomous learners.
Stay on top of important dates with the Academic Calendar. Details about the first day of classes, holidays, finals, and more can be found by viewing the current BCC Academic Calendar.
Need an older version of the academic calendar? Get it here:
- 2016-2017 Academic Calendar
- 2015-2016 Academic Calendar
- 2014-2015 Academic Calendar
- 2013-2014 Academic Calendar
- 2012-2013 Academic Calendar
Summer and Fall 2018 Add/Drop Periods
- Course changes are not allowed after this point; reach out to your advisor if you have concerns about a class
- Establish goals for the semester (work/school schedule, course goals, campus involvement)
- This date applies only to full semester classes.
- BCC Add/Drop Schedules
- A and B Committee Designations
- Academic Catalog
- Commonwealth Honors Program
- Academic Affairs Contact Information
- Department Chairs and Coordinators Spring 2018
- Faculty Handbook
- The Committee System
- Academic Forgiveness Application - Change of Program
- Academic Forgiveness Application - Past Academic Performance
- Academic Initiative Proposal
- Class Cancellation Form
- Contract Learning
- CWCC Course Proposal Form
- CWCC New Program Form
- CWCC Revised Program Form
- Directed Study Approval Request
- Petition for Waiver of Academic Requirement
- Sabbatical Leave Request Form
- Suspension or Reactivation of Academic Offering