Conflict of Interest
The Massachusetts State Ethics Commission governs the Ethics Reform Bill, Chapter 28 of the Acts of 2009, Conflict of Interest Law, G.L.c 268A which instituted mandatory notification and educational training requirements to public employers and public employees.
Upon hire, all full-and part-time employees, volunteers, and work-study students are provided with a summary of the conflict of interest law and an acknowledgment of receipt.
How to fulfill the requirements of the Conflict of Interest Law
- Within 30 days of hire, all College employees are required to complete online training provided by the Ethics Commission. The training is accessed on the following link: Ethics Training.
- Upon completion of the online training program, print or save the “State Ethics Commission Receipt.”
- Forward the receipt to the Office of Human Resources, Fall River Campus, Hudnall Administration Building, Room 208A.
- The statue requires all College employees to complete the online training every two years. The training link will be provided to College employees when training renewal is required.
- Annually, the summary of the conflict of interest law and an acknowledgment of receipt will be distributed to all College employees and volunteers. Electronic or written acknowledgment of receipt of the summary satisfies the statutory requirement and submitted acknowledgments will be maintained in the Office of Human Resources at the College.
- The statute requires all College employees to complete the online training every two years. The training link will be provided to College employees when training renewal is required.
Work-study students are not required to complete the online training. The State Ethics Commission provides free and confidential legal explanation of how the law applies for specific situations at 617.371.9500. For additional information about the State Ethics Commission and the conflict of interest law.