Bristol Community College

Bristol Community College

International Students

Bristol Community College welcomes students from countries other than the United States of America, provided the student shows promise of profiting from the educational opportunities and experience in the U.S. and at this College. Please refer to the information located in the menus to the left of this page to help you navigate the admission and enrollment process for international students interested in attending BCC.

For complete application materials and instructions please download the International Student Application Packet.

QUESTION: Who is considered an international applicant?

ANSWER: If you are not:

  1. a U.S. Citizen OR
  2. a U.S. Permanent Resident (hold a green card) OR
  3. a Refugee in the U.S. under political asylum OR
  4. in the process of legally pursuing a green card and can provide proper documentation of your pending status OR
  5. in the U.S. on a visa (other than an F-1 visa) which allows you to study on a full-time basis

then, you are considered an international applicant and must follow the College’s admission application procedures for international applicants.

Students who are citizens of countries other than the U.S. are only eligible to enroll in a degree program at Bristol Community College on certain visas. Students who do not obtain the appropriate visa will not be enrolled in a degree or certificate program. It is important to check with the Admissions Office to determine if your current visa allows you to study in the U.S. or if you need to apply for a change of status to F-1. Please note: students who register for classes, but do not complete the admission application process and matriculate, will not be allowed to receive a degree or certificate from Bristol Community College.

International students who wish to attend Bristol Community College on an F-1 student visa must have completed the equivalent of a U.S. secondary school education and must demonstrate their proficiency in English (if English is not their first or best language). Students attending BCC on an F-1 student visa must be enrolled in an associate degree program as a full-time student (12 credits or more per semester). Off-campus employment is not permitted for students on an F-1 student visa. In certain rare cases, an application for hardship can be filed by the P/DSO at the College on a student’s behalf and employment may be granted. F-1 international students are not eligible to apply for financial aid.