Outcomes Assessment Committee
The Outcomes Assessment Committee (OAC) is a team of partners in learning whose purpose is to assist all academic administrators, faculty, and staff in the development and implementation of the College’s learning outcomes assessment plan. The responsibilities and topics of the Committee include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and institutionalized academic learning assessment and evaluation plan that:
- documents educational quality and institutional effectiveness; and
- fosters institutional improvement and demonstrates accountability.
- Underscoring the importance of assessment; recognizing the benefit of assessment activities and ensuring that assessment is embraced (college-wide) as the way to improve, not to criticize, learning and services to students and the community.
- Conducting assessment with connections that are holistic and circular, ensuring that it proceeds as value.
- Evaluating existing campus and system assessment instruments.
- Setting timetables that work towards establishing an institutionalized assessment plan that goes hand-in-hand with the strategic plan.
- Revisiting the College’s, Mission Statement, Vision Statement & Strategic Plan in order to align Learning Outcomes Assessment with the objective of each.
- Providing information about assessing student learning in courses and programs, and conducting assessment of college-wide competencies.
- Serving as a clearinghouse for assessment resources, both print and electronic, and varied professional development opportunities, in conjunction with the Center for Teaching and Learning.
Find the Outcomes Assessment Committee online: