CORONAVIRUS & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS:
Change of plans this spring? We get it!
The COVID-19 pandemic may have you feeling a little derailed. Stay on track with Bristol.
A change of plans doesn’t mean you have to put your college dreams on hold. We want to help you through this uncertainty – and you can actually save thousands of dollars in the process.
For more than 50 years, students have chosen Bristol Community College for their education and moved on to attain a bachelor’s degree and more. This year, more than ever, we’ve made it a priority to make it easy for you to stay on track. Don’t lose your momentum. Take classes with Bristol, then transfer credits back to your home institution when you’re ready to go back.
Contact us and we can help you weigh your options. For some students, this may mean taking one or two courses as a guest student. For others, fully enrolling in the college and taking advantage of financial aid benefits will be the best choice. If you have decided you only want to take a class or two, and do not need financial aid, you may proceed with the guest student registration process detailed below.
Take the next step. To learn more, complete this form and an admissions counselor will contact you to discuss further. Or, contact us at 774.357.3231 or firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions and learn more about the process.
Important Update Regarding The Spring 2021 Semester
The college will continue online and hybrid courses, with no fully face-to-face courses, for Spring 2021. A limited number of hybrid courses will continue to be offered in Fall River and New Bedford. Wintersession, which takes place between December 28 through January 15, will be 100% online. Taking classes during Wintersession is a great way to catch up or get ahead.
Bristol Welcomes Guest Students
What is a guest student? If you are a student at another college or university and want to earn credits to transfer to your home institution, you are a guest student.
You’ve made a smart choice in considering taking classes at Bristol. We offer some of the lowest tuition and fees in the region. Our wide variety of high-quality courses means we have something to offer nearly everyone. And with hundreds of transfer partnerships with colleges and universities across the country, you can complete your degree at the college of your choice without missing a beat. Just be sure to work with your home institution before registering at Bristol to ensure you will be qualified to transfer credits.
If you only plan on taking a class or two, and do not need financial aid, proceed to the steps below. If you plan to use financial aid, you must be admitted to the college and enrolled in an academic program. In this case, complete this form and an admissions counselor will be in touch with you.
High quality, transferable courses at an affordable price – that’s what you can expect at Bristol.
Date for Registration for 2021 will be announced soon.
Step One: Explore Our Course Selection
Take a look at the courses that are available for your desired term in our course search. Bristol is the region’s choice for the most affordable, high-quality education. See for yourself – review the current costs for tuition and fees.
Before you register, it’s a good idea to first check with your advisor to see if the credits are transferable to your school.
Step Two: Register for Classes
Once you have chosen the course(s) you would like to take, it’s time to register. There are several ways to register for classes at Bristol as a guest student.
Please note: If the course you are interested in taking has prerequisite requirements, additional documentation (e.g. high school or college transcripts) should be included with your registration to confirm that you are eligible to enroll in the course.
- Returning Guest Students: If you have already taken courses at Bristol, you may register by logging on to accessBCC. If you have forgotten your username and/or password for your accessBCC account, you can reset it on the login screen.
- New Guest Students. Click here for the online registration form and follow the steps below.
a. Create a Dynamic Forms account. Please use a personal email (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) when creating your account. If you are still in high school, please note that high school firewalls are very restrictive and will likely block the activation email from being received. Take note of your Dynamic Forms username and password — you’ll need both to access the registration form later.
b. Verify your Dynamic Forms account. You will receive a verification email to the address you provided. After you click on the link in the verification email, your Dynamic Forms account will be set up.
c. Log in to complete the registration form. Be ready to attach your transcript, if there are prerequisite requirements.
Download and complete the paper registration form and submit by mail. Mail to: Enrollment Center, Bristol Community College, 777 Elsbree Street, Fall River, MA 02720. Include a copy of your transcript if there is a prerequisite for the course.
Step Three: Make Payment Arrangements
Once you have received your confirmation email from Enrollment Services that your registration is complete, you will need to set up your accessBCC account. This is how Bristol will communicate with you – and how you will receive your tuition and fees bill. You can activate your account here. As a new user, click on the “Set Up My Account” link and follow the instructions.
Your tuition and fees bill will be sent to your Bristol email address and can also be viewed in accessBCC. This bill informs you when your account must be paid. If it is not paid by the date listed on the bill, you will be dropped for non-payment. If you have registered and not yet received a bill, check your SPAM filter or call the Student Accounts office at 774.357.2160.
There are several ways to pay your tuition and fees bill. Payment can be made online through your accessBCC account. You can also pay in person. Credit card (Master Card, VISA or Discover), check or money order payments can be made at any Enrollment Center location. The Fall River Enrollment Center/Student Accounts Office also accepts cash. Payments made by credit card are subject to a 2.75% service fee. Learn more about ways to pay. Please note that guest students are not eligible for financial aid.
Step Four: Your Enrollment Checklist
It’s time to prepare for the first day of classes! See below for a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Log in to your Bristol email account regularly. Be sure to check your Bristol email regularly through accessBCC, even before classes start, as you may start receiving important information like classroom assignment changes. Your course list and schedule are also found here.
- Review important dates. Be sure to take a look at the academic calendar for important dates.
- Purchase your textbooks from the Bristol Bookstore (a printed copy of your “Detailed Schedule” from accessBCC is required), online via access BCC or the BCC mobile app.
- If you require accommodations for a learning and/or physical disability, please contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS) at 774.357.2955 or ODSAccess@BristolCC.edu.
- Review the Student Handbook for our academic policies, code of conduct, campus information and more.
- To receive timely emergency and weather-related closing announcements, text “BCCALERT” to 67283. This is a free service but subscribers are responsible for any messaging charges from their provider. You can opt out by texting STOP at any time.
- Download the free Bristol mobile app on your phone. It is your on-the-go resource for all things Bristol. View your schedule, class assignments and grades, pay your bill, find your way around campus and more!
- Transfer your credits. Request your Bristol transcript once you have completed your courses. Here’s how.
For questions about registration: 774.357.2950