Meeting with Advising
Students are paired with advisors based on academic program and the advisor's specialty. In some instances, students are assigned to a staff member in the Advising Center. Each semester, students receive a letter regarding the forthcoming scheduling assistance and registration period (Therefore, it is important for a student to maintain up-to-date address information with the Records Office).
How to prepare for your appointment:
- View your degree audit in DegreeWorks. DegreeWorks is an advising tool that allows you to track your degree progress, prepare for registration, and plan for graduation.
- Degree Works can be accessed through your accessBCC account. Just click on the Degree Works tab and select the Single Sign-on Link. This will open the worksheet in a new window.
- If you are undecided about your major, review the Programs of Study and Certificates in the Academic Catalog.
When and How to Register for Classes
If you are a returning student, you can register early during the registration period in November and April. After that registration time period, you can receive advising and course registration for the upcoming semester on a walk-in basis in the Advising Center.
Although it's a busy time for you, it is important to register on time to gain access to the best selection of courses and class meeting times. Your advisor is ready to help you plan your academic program and select the courses you'll need to complete your major program requirements.
How to find your advisor:
- Login to your accessBCC Account
- Under My Quick Links:
- Click on Student Information
- Select current term and click Submit
- Your advisor will be listed under Primary Advisor
- Click on Advisor Directory at the top of the page to find the phone number and location of your advisor.
Make an Appointment