Register for Classes
You've made a smart choice with Bristol Community College. Now, let us help you complete your schedule. Here's everything you need to know about registering for classes at Bristol.
Before registering for classes, please reach out to your academic coordinator or faculty advisor, who can advise you about registration, academic planning, transfer, and more. You can find your advisor assignment by following the steps at the bottom of this page.
Massachusetts community colleges will require the COVID-19 vaccine by January 2022.
Please see the following press release and statement for more information.
Your Dreams Within Reach
Get ready for Fall 2021
Bristol Community College will be offering a variety of options to accommodate the needs of our students. This fall, Bristol students will have the choice to return to the classroom for fully face-to-face courses, as a hybrid student - which includes both in-person, pre-scheduled meetings on campus and flexible, scheduled online learning - or by taking classes fully online.
We are safe, open, and ready for students.
Fall 2021 Courses at Bristol
Fall 2021 course registration is open! Choose from a wide array of fully face-to-face, online, and hybrid course offerings to help you stay on track and prepare for your future. Courses are available to current and new Bristol students. Reach out to your academic coordinator or faculty advisor for assistance with signing up for classes. Stay tuned for more updates regarding Fall 2021!
- Registration is open
- Fall tuition due: August 5, 2021
- Book advances open: August 9, 2021
- Classes begin: September 7, 2021
- Last day to add: September 13, 2021
- Last day to drop: September 20, 2021
- Book advances close: October 8, 2021
- Last day to withdraw: November 15, 2021
- Last day of semester: December 17, 2021
Registering for Classes at Bristol
Classes may look a little different around our campuses, but you will still receive the same great education that you deserve with the help and support you need to succeed.
Watch the tutorial videos below on how to search for courses and how to register for classes.
Change of plans? If you are considering transferring into Bristol or transferring your credits to your home institution later, please take a look at our Guest Students page.
Book Advance Program - Did you know?
Here's a great feature you can take advantage of at Bristol... Book Advances give you the opportunity to use some of your financial aid funds in advance of the first disbursement to purchase books and course material at the College Bookstore. Bristol Community College financial aid book advance amounts have increased. With this increase, you can now purchase technology (i.e. computer) along with your books and other course materials online at www.bristol.bkstr.com. Click the following link for more information: Book Advances
Bristol courses now have a waitlist option, giving students the opportunity to add themselves to a waitlist for a class that is full. Learn more about Waitlist here.
Get Started with Advising and Registration
The registration process works differently for everyone depending on student status. Whether you're a current student, a new student, or a guest student, we have your process below!
Registration for Current Students
- Log in to DegreeWorks to check your degree audit and find your assigned advisor. If you have not already, we encourage you to connect with your Advisor as soon as possible. Your Advisor can also provide your PIN, which you may need to register. If you need assistance connecting with your Advisor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for classes now. You can make changes to your schedule if needed.
- Complete your financial aid as soon as possible. If you need assistance, please contact Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- Set up a payment plan if you’re not using financial aid or if you haven't completed your FAFSA application.
Registration for New Students
Before you can register for classes, you must complete placement testing or receive an exemption. Click HERE to learn about the Testing Center.
Once eligible to register for classes, you will receive information from Advising on how to sign up for a New Student Registration Day, where you will meet with an advisor and register for your classes. New Student appointments will begin in December.
Once registered, you will be invited to New Student Orientation to continue your introduction to Bristol. Learn more about .
Registration for Guest Students
If you are a student at another college or university and want to earn credits to transfer to your home institution, you are a guest student. Learn more on the Guest Students page.
Meeting with an Advisor
Students are paired with advisors based on the academic program and the advisor's specialty. Students who are not assigned an advisor should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be connected with a memeber of our team. Each semester, students receive a letter regarding the forthcoming scheduling assistance and registration period (Therefore, it is important for you to maintain up-to-date address information with the ).
Prepare for your appointment:
- Log in to view your degree audit in DegreeWorks, through your accessBCC account. DegreeWorks is an advising tool that allows you to track your degree progress, prepare for registration, and plan for graduation.
- If you are undecided about your major, review the Programs of Study and Certificates in the Academic Catalog.
How to Find Your Advisor
Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned advisors early and often! To find out who your assigned advisor is, log into your accessBCC account and click the Degree Works link. The name of your advisor will be posted at the top of your degree audit.
You can also follow these instructions:
- Create an accessBCC account if you haven't already. Click here to create your account.
- Go to accessBCC and login into your account.
- Click on Student Information.
- Select Fall 2021 and click Submit.
- Your advisor will be listed under Primary Advisor.
- Click on Advisor Directory at the top of the page to find the phone number and location of your advisor.
All registered and matriculated students are assigned an advisor. If you are new, returning, or a non-degree student, you may contact AdvisingCenter@bristolcc.edu to be connected to an advisor.
On-Campus College Services
Most college services are now available in-person/face-to-face, on our campuses for your convenience. We will also continue to offer virtual appointments and services to best serve your needs. The availability of these appointments may fluctuate based on the fluctuation of the COVID-19 virus in our community.
Check out the Coronavirus - Department Listing for a complete list of on-campus and online availability, as well as how to make an appointment. There is limited walk-in availability in most cases, so please be sure to plan your trip to campus accordingly!
Be sure to check this directory regularly; it will be updated weekly.
- Masks are required indoors.
- Arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- No guests/visitors at your appointment, unless previous arrangements have been made.
- Follow social distancing guidelines.
- Do not come to campus if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19. Contact the department to either reschedule your appointment or change to a virtual appointment.
- Download the Bristol app to stay updated.