Bristol Fall River Bookstore Location Change
The Bristol Fall River Elsbree Street Campus Bookstore is moving from G-Building to C-Building.
The Elsbree Street Campus Bookstore will be closing at 11 a.m. on Friday, April 19th in order to start the transition of moving from G-Building to C-Building.
On Monday, April 22nd the bookstore will be opening in its new location in C-Building. The new bookstore location offers new shopping experiences such as:
- A technology center
- Gift items and much more.
In addition, students, faculty and staff will have the opportunity to select their own textbooks and course material from the shelves. Please feel free to stop by and check out the new Bristol Fall River Bookstore space.
Bristol Community College bookstores can be found at our Fall River, New Bedford, Attleboro and Taunton locations. Each Bristol Bookstore is operated by Follett Higher Education Group.
Starting the Fall 2018 semester, the Attleboro, New Bedford and Taunton Campus bookstores will transition to an online hybrid bookstore model. Books will no longer be kept as physical inventory at these Campus Stores. Students will instead order their books and other course materials online to be picked up in-store or shipped to an external shipping address.
The Fall River Campus is the only campus that keeps physical inventory that can be purchased on site.
Instore Pickup: FREE
- Attleboro Campus
- Fall River Campus
- New Bedford Campus
- Taunton Campus
- Ground (5 to 7 Days): $7.50
- 2ndDay: $13.50
- Overnight: $18.00
There you'll find:
- New, Used and Rental Books for your courses.
- Digital textbooks.
- Bristol apparel like sweatshirts and t-shirts!
- Bristol Gifts like coffee mugs and lanyards.
- School supplies like notebooks, binders, pens & pencils.
- Technology items like headphones, and laptops.
- Other classroom materials.
Follett Merit Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded to students who contribute significantly in a leadership capacity, preferably in a student leadership role at Bristol. Examples include, but are not limited to, service on College committees, elected student leadership positions, service learning, student club leadership roles, and outstanding student athletic achievement. A maximum award of $500 per semester will be available for full-time students and a maximum award of $300 per semester will be granted for part-time students click here to apply for a Follett Scholarship at Bristol.
There are no cash refunds on books returned that were bought with a book advance. Also, you don’t need to spend your entire book advance. All book advance charges are added to your tuition bill. If your eligibility changes and/or your financial aid award is not enough to cover the book advance charges, you are responsible for repaying the charge. Also, if you drop a class or fully withdraw from Bristol Community College and used the book advance, you may be responsible to pay back all or part of the book advance.
Exchanges and Returns
Book exchanges and refunds can be made in store with the original receipt within the bookstores return policy. Please stop in store for additional information at the beginning of each semester. If you drop a course during Bristol’s add/drop period, you can return your books to the bookstore for a refund.
In addition, if you purchase books from sellers other than Follett, you may have difficulty returning if the required book changes or if the course is canceled. Don't waste time or money. Buy your books with confidence from a Bristol campus bookstore.
Find a Lower Price? We’ll Match it!
- Purchases may be made in-store or online; Price Match must be transacted at the campus store.
- Price matched against Amazon, Barns & Noble, or a local campus competitor
- Excludes peer-to-peer marketplaces, Amazon’s Warehouse Deals, Deals of the Day, Lightning Deals, “Amazon Deals”, aggregator sites, digital books and publisher-direct prices
- Online sites must be located in the United States
- The book must be in stock with us and with the retailer advertising the lower price. If the book is rented, the rental period must be the same as the bookstore’s
- The lower-priced item must match the exact book ISBN and edition purchased or rented, including accompanying CDs, online access codes, student materials etc.
- Price adjustments provided at time of purchase
- Ad must be dated not more than 7 days prior to intended purchase date
- Printed screenshot of ad
- Ad shown via mobile device
- Hard copy of ad
- Price adjustment after purchase
- Within 7 days of the original transaction
- Must have original receipt
- Must state if book was purchased new, used or rented
- Price adjustment will only be provided for the same format (new/used, rented/purchased)
- Purchase and price adjustment differences will be provided on a Follett Bookstore Gift Card
- Maximum of $100 per item and $1,000 per customer
- Other exclusions
- Prices that require minimum quantity purchases
- Misprinted or inaccurate prices
- Prices from auctions or requiring memberships
- Bundle offers, instant rebates, mail-in offers, offers that include financing
- Price Match gift cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards
The Campus Card is needed for the book advance program. Book advances give students the opportunity to use some of their financial aid funds in advance of the first disbursement to purchase books at Bristol's Bookstore. To be eligible for a book advance, you will need to have a complete financial aid file, have received a financial aid award letter, and have a pending credit balance on your bill. A book advance is not a grant and is not in addition to your financial aid award package.
For a book advance you will need to have the following with you at your Bristol Bookstore:
- Your Campus Card
- Your current class schedule
The book advance amount is based on enrollment level, authorized financial aid, and charges. The maximum value is listed below.
- $800 for full-time students (12 or more credits)
- $600 for 3/4-time students (9-11 credits)
- $400 for 1/2-time students (6-8 credits)
- $200 for 1/4 time students (less than 6 credits)
A student may meet the eligibility requirements, but not be eligible for the maximum value. An example would be a full-time student with a $200 pending credit balance. Although the full-time limit is $800, the student will be eligible for only a $200 book advance.
There are no cash refunds on books returned that were bought with a book advance. Also, you don’t need to spend your entire book advance. All book advance charges are added to your tuition bill from Bristol. If your eligibility changes and/or your financial aid award is not enough to cover the book advance charges, you are responsible for paying any charges not covered. Also, if you drop a class or fully withdraw from Bristol Community College and used the book advance, you may be responsible to pay back all or part of the book advance.