From the Writing Center Coordinator
When the Writing Center first opened in 1993 under the guidance of Dr. Howard Tinberg, it was intended to be a place where all members of the college community could continue to develop their writing skills. We are proud to continue Dr. Tinberg’s vision of a cross-disciplinary center that engages with writing across the curriculum. Now located in the Library Learning Commons on each campus, we share in its mission to provide student-centered academic support across disciplines for all students, to maximize academic potential, and to promote student success in a safe and welcoming environment.
We are happy to help you with your research paper, cover letter, scholarship essay, short story, newspaper article, dissertation, or any other type of writing that you are doing. Whether you are a first semester student, a senior faculty member, or a member of the community at large, we are available to serve you on each of Bristol’s campuses.
Writing Center Tutoring Hours
- Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, noon - 5 p.m. (drop in)
- Thursday, noon – 3 p.m. (drop in)
- Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. (drop in)
- Thursday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (drop in)
- Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (appointment only)
- Monday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. (drop in)
- Tuesday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. (drop in)
- Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (drop in)
- Thursday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. (drop in)
- Saturday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (appointment only)
- Tuesday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. (drop in)
- Wednesday, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. (drop in)
If you need to schedule an appointment beyond what is offered above, please contact the Writing Center Coordinator.