Adult Education Career Pathways
Thinking about career training as your next step after completing your high school equivalency (HSE) or completing the adult education English proficiency program?
Get started on an exciting new career pathway in an in-demand industry once you complete your HSE or are close to it.
Current Adult Education Career Pathways:
- Bridge to Clean Water Technology Program (scroll down for more information)
Bridge to Clean Water Technology Program
Bristol’s Bridge to Clean Water Technology program provides current adult education students with the opportunity to begin post-secondary training in the field of clean water quality/environmental technology while continuing to work on the completion of their HiSET/GED. Students interested in a career in the field of water quality are co-enrolled in Bristol’s adult education classes (HiSET.GED) and two college-level Clean Water Quality courses as part of Bristol’s Clean Water Quality Professional Technician Certificate Program. These introductory courses provide students with the skills required for entry-level work in wastewater treatment and coursework prepares students for the Massachusetts Wastewater Operator I Certification Exam. Successful completion of the exam qualifies students to become a licensed Massachusetts Wastewater I Technician.
- Adult education students currently enrolled in HiSET/GED classes.
- Students possessing a high school diploma who demonstrate a need for additional academic support. Support provided through Bristol’s Adult Education Program.
*All services provided at no cost to students.
- 2 College-level introductory Clean Water courses.
- EGR 143-Conceptual Math for Environmental Technicians
- EGR 241- Clean Water Technology 1
- Accompanying textbooks
- Field visits to local municipal treatment facilities and private contract organizations.
- Certification preparation classes to prepare for the Massachusetts Wastewater Operator Certification Exam. Classes taught by industry professionals.
- Certification and MA licensing costs are covered through the program.
- Weekly tutoring support
- On-going Academic Advisement
- Weekly check-ins
- Monthly appointments with the program advisor
To enroll in Bristol’s Clean Water Technology Professional Program, contact: