Bristol Career/Vocational Technical Education (CVTE) Linkages Program (formerly Tech Prep) supports high school students in eligible Career, Vocational, and Technical education programs. This federally-funded grant program connects community colleges and high to ensure a smooth and seamless transition from high school to college.
The CVTE Linkages Program connects the last two years of high school to the first two years of college through aligned coursework, programs, and related activities. Students in the CVTE Linkages Program can get a jump start on college, save time and money, and prepare for success in college and career goals.
Program benefits to students include:
- Students can get a head start by completing college coursework in high school.
- Dual Enrollment at Bristol Community College - CVTE students are eligible for Dual Enrollment
- Computerized Early College Placement Testing (Accuplacer) -Taking the test while still in high school enables students to take developmental courses, if necessary.
Bristol Community College has collaborated with the following schools:
- Attleboro High School
- Bristol County Agricultural High School
- Bristol-Plymouth Regional Technical School
- Dighton-Rehoboth Regional High School
- BMC Durfee High School
- Diman Regional Vocational Technical High School
- New Bedford High School
- Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Somerset High School
- Taunton High School
Bristol Community College also has Articulation Agreements with:
- Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School
- Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Blue Hills Regional Technical School
- Brockton High School
- Cranston Area Career and Technical Center
- Cape Cod Regional Technical High School
- Joseph P. Keefe Technical High School
- Minuteman Regional High School
- Norton High School
- Plymouth South High School
- Southcoast Educational Collaborative
- Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Tri-County Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Upper Cape Cod Regional Technical School