Things You'll Need
What you'll need for the first day of class:
- Required textbook: Lippincott's Essentials for Nursing Assistants: A Humanistic Approach to Caregiving, Fourth Edition Pamela J. Carter ISBN: 978-1-4511-8768-7.
- All textbooks can be purchased from the book store in Fall River or New Bedford.
- You will need to read the first three chapters prior to class.
- Bring any remaining program forms/paperwork with you the first day of class.
- You will not need your uniforms the first week of class.
- Cell Blue Scrubs- basic v neck scrubs
- Acceptable shoes are white nursing shoes/sneakers, no open backed shoes or clogs.
- Most clinical assignments are on the weekends toward the end of the program. Weekday daytime classes generally have clinical assignments during the week.
- The Program Coordinator will inform you of the clinical dates as soon as available.
- You will be required to attend a clinical orientation at the facility approximately one week before clinical begins; date is based on class schedule and facility availability.
- Required: Textbook, hospital blue scrubs, and white shoes.
- Required textbook: Lippincott’s Essentials for Nursing Assistants: A Humanistic Approach to Caregiving, Fourth Edition Pamela J. Carter ISBN: 978-1-4963-21855.
- Recommendations: A watch with a second hand, notebooks for class, a small pocket notebook for clinical.
Applying for State Nurse Assistant Certification Exam
- Bristol offers on site testing for the Red Cross State Certification exam. The cost of testing on site at Bristol is $175 and includes the Red Cross testing fee and a review class to help you prepare for the state test.
- The NAT program coordinator will provide with specific registration information and dates for the testing once classes begin.
- Call 508.678.2811, ext. 2663/2527 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.