Substance Use Counseling
Counseling Services offers free, confidential screenings for alcohol and drug use that may help students identify warning signs of a substance use problem or call attention to an existing problem. A counselor may also provide referral information for substance abuse treatment services in the area.
Identifying a Problem
Answering these few questions may help to raise awareness about your alcohol or drug use:
- During the last year, were you ever unable to stop drinking or using drugs
- once you started?
- During the last year, have you failed to do what was normally expected of you because of using drugs or alcohol?
- Have you felt guilt about your use of drugs or alcohol?
- During the last year, have you been unable to remember what happened the night before because of drinking or using drugs?
- Have you put yourself in dangerous situations when using drugs or alcohol?
- Have you consumed 5 or more drinks in one sitting on one or more occasions?
Seeking Help and Support
If you answered yes to one or more of these, you may want to consider contacting Counseling Services for more information or referring to the Links and Resources below. If you think that you, or someone you know, may need help, please contact Counseling Services or Health Services. You may also do a free, anonymous, and confidential online assessment at mentalhealthscreening.org/BristolCC or at Ulifeline.