Bristol Community College

Bristol Community College

Financial Aid Process for Transfer Students

Complete the forms for the specific schools you are planning to attend. Almost all schools require that you file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for financial aid. You can file a FAFSA online. If you have previously filled out a FAFSA, you should receive a renewal form in the mail.

The requirements for financial aid differ among institutions. All schools require the FAFSA. Some, especially private institutions, require the CSS Profile, and some require supplemental forms.  Check the web sites of the four-year college or university to see which forms are needed. Listed below are links to the Financial Aid web sites of some popular transfer institutions:

BridgewaterState College
UMass Dartmouth
Roger Williams University
Rhode Island College
UMass Amherst
UMass Boston
UMass Lowell
Bryant University
Johnson and Wales University
University of Rhode Island
Eastern Nazarene College
Lesley University
Northeastern University
Champlain College

Be sure to pay attention to deadlines!

If you are applying for spring admission, you must send the college(s) copies of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received after you filed your FAFSA. If you have questions about Federal student aid programs, call the U.S. Department of Educations toll-free number, 1-800-4-FED AID (1-800-433-3243) or check out their web site:

For more information on financial aid, visit Financial Aid.

Additional Information is available at:

The priority deadline for applying for financial aid at most colleges is March 1, but you should complete the forms in January.