2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This page was updated on June 12, 2020.
Bristol Community College is operational with minimal on-campus staffing.
We continue to receive information from our national, state and local health officials. Massachusetts is still seeing a high rate of COVID-19. In fact, we are one of the highest in the nation for reported cases. While cases are slowing, several models show a possible resurgence of cases this fall. For the safety of our college community, Summer will be 100% Online and in Fall 2020 courses will be offered in the following formats:
- Online. Fully online course and materials.
- Synchronous live. Courses that will offer live instruction via video technology.
- Hybrid: Courses that include a blend of online and on-campus course work. These primarily include those with hands-on requirements. On-campus, face-to-face instruction will most likely require the use of face masks, social distancing and other precautionary measures.
- We will not be offering any fully face-to-face courses this fall.
Remote Work and Services
The college will continue remote work throughout the summer and will implement a phased approach for certain departments to return to the college campuses during the month of August.
All services will be provided remotely only, via phone, email or virtual at all campus locations. In addition, all campus buildings, at all locations, will be inaccessible to students, including computer labs, which will no longer be available until further notice. If you must go on campus, campus police must be notified first and you must be wearing a mask.
Here’s how you can get the support you need:
- The best way to receive assistance is through email.
- Use the college directory or the contact directory in Office365 Email (Outlook) to look up individual contact information.
- You can also use this department directory for department contact information and availability during this time.
- Please realize that there may be extended and delayed response times, and we ask for your patience as we work to reply to all communications as quickly as possible.
- Stay connected. Please continue to check your Bristol email. Stay informed on social media and download the Bristol app to keep in touch with your classmates.
The same dedicated staff you see around campus are still here to help you succeed. Nearly all our services are available remotely to continue to serve you. Below is a short list of the services students have been asking about most in recent weeks.
RETURNING MATERIALS BORROWED FROM THE LIBRARY AND LEARNING COMMONS
To facilitate returning materials borrowed from the Library and Learning Commons, the college will have drop-offs at the following locations.
The materials that will be accepted include:
- DVDs and CDs
- and other electronics
This does NOT include Chromebooks. Separate communication has gone out regarding how to return Chromebooks. Everyone must wear a mask while on campus. If you do not have a mask, Campus Police can supply you with one.
- Fall River, D Bldg. / Campus Police: Monday, June 15, noon to 4 p.m.
- Taunton Center: Wednesday, June 17, 8 a.m. to noon
Material Borrowed from the Library and Learning Commons: We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work on plans to safely return materials to the Library and Learning Commons. If you were not able to drop off your materials during one of the designated times the last week of May, please contact Melanie.Johnson@BristolCC.edu
- Tutoring: Click here to get connected to all your tutoring options (1:1 appointments, online drop-in & email paper review)
- Online Learning Help: If you are experiencing issues with your online learning experience, please fill out the Bristol Online Help Request or contact us by phone at 774.357.2081.
- Tech Help: Please fill out the ITS Help Form if you have a technology question or need tech help while learning remotely. You can also call us at 774.357.3333.
- WiFi: There is access to WiFi from your car under the solar canopies on the Fall River Campus.
- Advising: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Services: email@example.com
- Enrollment Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid: email@example.com
- Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Accounts: email@example.com
- Student and Family Engagement: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Wellness / Mental Health and Counseling: email@example.com
- Student Wellness / Health Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
A full list of departments and their current availability during this time can be found here: Department Directory You can also view the college directory or browse our website for contact information.
The following services are currently suspended on campus:
Bookstore (Online bookstore still available)
- Fitness Center
- Food Services
- Grimshaw-Gudewicz Art Gallery
Events and Gatherings
We know that limiting social contact or “social distancing” can be beneficial to curtailing the spread of the Coronavirus. As a result, out of an abundance of caution, Bristol Community College is cancelling or postponing face-to-face events that take place on the college campuses until further notice. Please review the list of cancelled/postponed events below. Please note, some events may be held virtually. This list will be updated regularly. Contact Laura Carlson to cancel/reschedule events: Laura.Carlson@bristolcc.edu or 774.357.2599.
Work-related travel, both foreign and domestic, is discontinued. For those who may be traveling both domestically and internationally during spring break, we strongly urge you to follow travel guidance set forth by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). More information about travel and emergency alerts is available through the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH).
So that we may take appropriate preventative measures, offer available resources and immediately assist you or any member of our community who may become ill or has been in close proximity with someone who has become ill, we ask that you consider sharing information with the college regarding your travel and possible exposure to the virus. The information submitted via these forms will assist the college in implementing any precautions or protocols recommended by public health agencies. All information gathered through this process will be maintained confidentially only at health services and separate from personnel or student record files and shall be used only to assist the college in providing and maintaining a healthy learning environment.
Travel Form. Please consider filling out this form if you have or will be traveling to or from a high-risk country (level 3).
Exposure Report Form. Please consider filling out this form if you suspect you may have been exposed to someone with Coronavirus (COVID-19) or are experiencing symptoms of the virus (fever, cough, difficulty breathing).
CORONAVIRUS UPDATES FROM THE COLLEGE
May 29, 2020 | Commencement Update (Students) Read more.
May 21, 2020 | Fall Planning (Faculty & Staff) Read more.
May 8, 2020 | Remote Work until June 20 (Faculty & Staff) Read more.
April 28, 2020 | Summer 2020 100% Online, CARES Act, Pass/Fail & Resources (Students) Read more.
April 27, 2020 | Remote Work until May 18 and Summer 2020 100% Online (Faculty & Staff) Read more.
April 16, 2020 | Remote Work and Budget Update (Faculty & Staff) Read more.
April 8, 2020 | Extending Remote Learning through End of Semester (Students) Read more.
April 7, 2020 | Withdrawal Updates Read more.
April 3, 2020 | Campus Services Update Read more.
March 31, 2020 | Commencement Read more.
March 30, 2020 | A Message from President Douglas in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic Read more and watch the video
March 27, 2020 | Student Update | Faculty & Staff Update
March 23, 2020 | Campus Update Read more
March 20, 2020 | Bookstore Update Read more
March 19, 2020 | Campus Police Update Read more
March 15, 2020 | Schedule and Events Update Read more
March 10, 2020 | Update Read more