Immunization Info

The state of Massachusetts requires some students to submit proof of immunizations no later than 30 days after the start of classes.  

PLEASE NOTE:  Requirements apply to all full-time students who are taking at least 12 credits in any semester, who are under 30 years of age, and who are full-time health science students. This also includes full-time or part-time students attending Bristol while on a student VISA, including foreign exchange.

A detailed explanation of the required immunization information is provided below. This is also available on the Bristol website for Health Services and is listed in the new-student checklist section.

Immunization Requirements

  • Tdap/Td -1 dose within the last 10 years.
  • Hepatitis B - 3 doses or laboratory evidence of immunity.
  • MMR - 2 doses or laboratory evidence of immunity.
  • Varicella - 2 doses or laboratory evidence of immunity or reliable history of chicken pox.
  • Meningococcal - 1 dose MenACWY (formerly MCV4) required for all full-time students 21 years of age or younger. The vaccine must have been given on or after student’s 16th birthday. Students may decline the MenACWY vaccine after they have read and signed the MDPH Meningococcal Information and Waiver Form provided by their institution.

Failure to submit your immunization records will result in an enrollment hold being placed on your Bristol recordwhich will prevent registration for future courses. Immunization records may be obtained from your doctor’s office, elementary or high school, your State Board of Health, your town nurse, or your military records (if applicable). 

Please submit your immunization records in one of the following ways: in person to Health Services in E104, by fax to 508.730.3268, or via email to

Please include your student ID number and program of study.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Health Services in person by visiting Health Services (E104) in Fall River, by phone at 774.357.2232, or by email at

Immunization Holds

Students who do not complete this requirement will be placed on 
HOLD for future registrations and transcripts.


Obtain Immunization Records

You may come in to get a copy of your records (with proof of identity) or you can sign a release form that would allow us to fax or send them to another college Health Service or Health Care Provider.