Professional and Educational Resources
Bristol Community College is committed to supporting its faculty and staff in achieving their educational and professional goals. Here are some (but not all) of the tools Bristol provides.
Supporting Your Educational Goals
- Bristol’s Tuition Remission Program provides you with the opportunity to receive a tuition waver to pursue your educational goals.
- As a Bristol Employee, you have access to Bristol’s Writing Center for your scholarly and academic writing needs.
- Bristol’s Learning Commons will support you in all your academic and scholarly endeavors, including helping you with the all-important Interlibrary Loan program. Our Learning Commons also provides access to numerous newspapers and databases that can help you in your educational research.
- Bristol’s Institutional Review Board website will help you gain the permissions necessary to do research using Bristol community members for your educational and scholarly goals.
- Join Bristol’s Employee Education Support Group to join a cohort to give support to, and receive support from, fellow Bristol employees seeking further education.
Supporting Your Professional Goals
- Bristol’s Human Resources Professional Development page provides employees with a wealth of Professional Development opportunities, including a PD Calendar and forms connected to individual enrichment and workshop requests.
- Bristol provides all employees the opportunity to apply for Professional Development Funds, which can be used to help reimburse conference and professional development opportunities, professional development costs, and other efforts that further your professional goals
- You can use Bristol’s College Central Network space to document and showcase your internal and external trainings.
- Every year, you can apply for Bristol-sponsored Leadership programs, including the Mid-Level Professional Leadership Development Program and Bristol Victory Leadership Development Program. Check your emails in the summer for more information.