The Bristol Early Head Start site is open for children, ages 2.9 years to 5 years.
- Bristol students, staff, and faculty
- Full-Time Care – Pace Child Care Voucher and Associated Parent Fee
- Part-Time Care – (6 hours per day) Free
Citizens for Citizens Head Start & Early Head Start’s (CFC) offers early childhood education and care services for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. For further information, please contact the main office at 427 Robeson Street, Fall River, MA 02720, 508.679.0041.
Citizens for Citizens Head Start & Early Head Start’s (CFC) mission is to foster safe, nurturing, and developmentally appropriate services to children. We aim to empower families to meet their goals and prepare for self-sufficiency. We strive to mobilize our community to provide the necessary resources to ensure comprehensive, integrated, and supportive services.
Philosophy of Education
Head Start promotes the school readiness of children ages of birth to 5 by enhancing their cognitive, social, emotional, physical development. We use an individualized and developmental approach to early childhood education that builds upon the child’s strengths, needs, and interests. The children learn through exploration and discovery and through their own experience to ensure that learning concepts are meaningful to the children.
CFC Head Start Services
Registration must be in advance of the first day of participation. Proof of income is required.
Enrollment Priority for those living in Greater Fall River:
- Bristol students (First priority is given to children of low-income Bristol students.)
- Bristol staff
- Bristol faculty
- Members of the community (low income)
Full-time care (7am-5pm)
Part-time care (8:30-2:30)
ATTENTION: COVID-19 UPDATE
Our Early Childhood Education and Care team operated by the Citizens for Citizens, Inc. Head Start Program is diligently working under the EEC guidelines implementing health and safety requirements and best practices to continue to keep children and educators safe.
Health and Safety Requirements
Preparedness and Planning
- Arrange the physical space to promote physical distancing
- Designate a space for isolation of sick or symptomatic individuals
- Eliminate materials that increase the likelihood of transmission
- Promote frequent hand hygiene
- Facilitate cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting routines
- Confirm safe operations, including the safety of water and ventilation systems
Screening and Monitoring of Children and Staff
- CFC Head Start will screen all individuals, including staff, children, service providers, and maintenance professionals, for symptoms of COVID-19 before they are permitted to enter the classroom.
- All parents or guardians must complete a health attestation for each child every day prior to arriving at the classroom.
CFC Head Start is committed to using the recommended best practices of social distancing, cleaning procedures, and employee COVID-19 guidelines to ensure our centers are safe for our employees and families.