Fitness & Recreation Center
This page is meant to serve as a guide to reopening the Bristol Community College Fitness Center on the Fall River campus and provide guidance to offering in-person recreational activities in a post covid environment. This document is a guide and is subject to change at any time based on The Bristol Together Plan, guidance from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) (Centers for Disease Control) and State of Massachusetts.
The Bristol Fitness & Recreation Center plan was developed using guidelines from:
- The Bristol Together Plan
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Massachusetts State Mandatory Safety Standards for Workplaces
Bristol Fitness Center Fall River Campus
Fitness Center Policies
- Currently enrolled Bristol Community College students, staff, faculty, and alumni in good standing are eligible to use the Fitness Center.
- A signed consent form must be completed. Go to the Fitness & Recreation Center page for the forms.
- Covid-19 vaccination is required.
- Face masks are recommended.
- Workout is limited to 90 minutes.
- Proper athletic attired is required.
- Must have your Bristol ID card and swipe in at the Information desk.
- Locker rooms are available. Please be respectful of other users' space and privacy.
- We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All equipment must be wiped down by the user before and after use with disposable gym wipes provided by the Bristol Fitness Center.
- For cable stations: limited to one person at a time. All attachments must be cleaned before and after use.
- All individual pieces of equipment including, dumbbells, jump ropes, yoga mats, kettlebells, foam rollers and balance balls must be cleaned by the user and re-racked after use.
- Use of the fitness center is a privilege, not a right. Anyone that does not follow these, or other posted rules shall be subject to immediate removal from the center, loss of privileges and/or disciplinary action up to and including expulsion.
Fitness Center Cleaning Protocols
- All cleaning is coordinated with the facilities department.
- Disposable gym wipes are available for all participants to wipe down each piece of equipment that they use before and after use.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the fitness center.
- Fitness staff monitors use of fitness center and cleanliness of equipment and supplements cleaning during the day.
- Bathrooms are available and cleaned daily.
- The facilities deptartment will do supplemental cleaning as needed.
Staff Training that has been Completed
- Proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- How to protect themselves against the transmission of infectious diseases.
- Proper cleaning procedures of equipment.
- All staff will complete training based on The Bristol Together Plan.
- Training for staff on managing participant use of fitness center including flow of traffic through the center.