Staff Senate Mentorship Pilot Program
The Mentorship Program pairs seasoned Bristol staff members with newly hired employees to assist with the transition to Bristol or to a new position at the college. The 9-month pilot program will meet from January 2022 until August 2022. With this being a pilot year, the maximum number will be 20 participants (10 mentors and 10 mentees).
Minimum Mentor Eligibility:
Mentors must meet the following requirements
- Staff member
- Two years of service at Bristol as of December 1, 2021.
- Must be an employee in good standing and received a satisfactory rating on the last two years of performance evaluations.
Minimum Mentee Eligibility:
Mentees must meet the following requirements
- Staff Member
- Less than two years at Bristol or in current position as of December 1, 2021
Mentee: Mentees will share their skills and goals along with their concerns, and what areas they wish to learn more at Bristol or in their current role.
Mentor: Mentors will share their professional and organizational knowledge, and experience, while serving as a sounding board or assisting with questions or concerns the mentee may have.
|Potential Mentees||Potential Mentors|
- All applicants (mentees and mentors) will be notified of their status by January 7, 2022.
- Orientation: Friday, January 14, 2022 - All matched pairs attend an orientation to learn about their roles and responsibilities, meet their match, and have lunch.
- Meetings: Mentoring pairs will meet on their own time at least one hour per month. (January 2022 – August 2022).
- 1st meeting: Review Mentorship questionnaire to discuss goals and outcomes. Share in E-Learning goals and desired outcomes from the program.
- Mentor/Mentee Check in: March 2022: Pairs will meet collectively as a group to share their experiences and how things are going with the pilot program.
- Online course space - will be utilized for discussion, sharing ideas, feedback, and connecting. A monthly discussion question with articles will be posted to share ideas and increase participation.
- Focus Groups/Feedback: throughout the program, feedback forms, and brief focus group meetings will be conducted to help with program improvement.
- “End of Year Reflection” – Mentor/Mentee debrief on the goals they developed at their first meeting to determine successes or continued needs. Share in E-Learning their successes and challenges.
- End of year Mentor/Mentee Celebration and Award Ceremony: August 2022: Participants gather for lunch, and receive their certificates for participating in the program. A copy of the certificates will be sent to Human Resources to be placed in personnel files.