Bristol Weekly and Events
Scroll Down for Page Content
Bristol Weekly is the one location where faculty and staff can find Bristol news including recent announcements and new hires, HR policies and programs, accolades of your peers or students, a link to our event calendar and more!
- Bristol Weekly comes out on Tuesdays at 7 a.m.*
- All submissions must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the Thursday prior to the publication date. See the Bristol Weekly archive below.
Due to space, there is a word count. Marketing & Communications may edit text for brevity and style purposes.
*Please note: When Monday is a holiday, Bristol Weekly will be published on Wednesdays. The deadline will still remain the same.
Please also use this form for:
- Bristol Weekly article submissions, including publicizing elements of your events (I.e., call for proposals).
- Marketing support requests – such as brochures, flyers, monitor messages and other promotional items.
- Any creative elements you may need in advance of an event.
Submitting your requests improves tracking and ensures entry into the Marketing & Communications promotional pipeline.
Events at Bristol
Bristol’s event calendar is an easy way to submit and share events with colleagues, students and the community. The event calendar provides a clean user interface, allows you to include a link to register, and gives the flexibility of adding tags and images.
All event calendar requests should be directly affiliated with a Bristol program or department to be included. Faculty, staff and students may contribute to the calendar.
Submitting an event:
Click here to submit an event in our event calendar. When selecting a keyword/tag, please use "#Bristol-Weekly" if you want your event hyperlinked under the Upcoming Events section.
Full event features will only be posted in Weekly if they include one of the following:
- Call to Action (i.e. call for nominations, call for submissions, etc.)
- Event series (i.e. STEM Week) - Introduce entire series, benefits and contact details.
- Directly related to Bristol's Strategic Plan, mission, vision or values.
- Professional Development
Check out the Event Calendar Overview, which walks you through exactly how to submit your event.
Looking to share your news with students?
Submit an article to the Student Affairs Weekly Newsletter, complete this form: STUDENT AFFAIRS SUBMISSION FORM