Social Media at Bristol
Scroll Down for Page Content
The ever-changing landscape of social media has brought value to the connections we make, the resources we share, the important conversations we have and the communities we build. These communication channels are powerful ways to have open discussions and to engage with one another here at Bristol Community College.
Follow Us On Social
Connect with us! Follow our various pages and engage with our official Bristol Community College social channels by clicking the links below. Meet other students and alumni, share the Bristol experience using #BristolEXP and help us continue to create a community of Bayhawks well into the future.
Audience: Prospective and current students, community, parents, non-traditional students, employees
Audience: Current students, skews younger (18 to 44 years old, with the highest concentration in the 25 to 34 range)
Audience: Prospective and current students, community, parents, non-traditional students
Audience: Bristol employees, Bristol alumni, business/corporate community (specifically those in operations, healthcare, education, sales, business and IT)
Audience: Prospective students, current students, Bristol employees, community
See our Social Media Directory for other Bristol pages
Creating New Bristol Channels
Are you a student, faculty or staff member interested in creating a new social media account for a Bristol club, program or service? Be sure to check out Questions to Ask Before Getting Started: CLICK HERE FOR QUESTIONS.
Marketing & Communications is the place to plan, implement and begin creating for your social media objectives. Whether you are just starting off or looking to optimize your current social media channels, we are here to help.
Social Media Policy
- Read through our brand-new Social Media Code of Conduct Policy.
Social Media Guide
- Read through our helpful Social Media Guide to help you get up and running!
Social Media Socials
As an additional way for our office to support your efforts, we now offer Social Media Socials, 30-minute virtual chats held each month.
These virtual sessions were created for faculty and staff and provide a place to ask questions, share suggestions, brainstorm fun ideas, learn about social media, or gain feedback from colleagues.
Attend a Social Media Social:
- Second Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m.
- Second Wednesday of the month at 2:30 p.m.
Have ideas for topics you'd like covered? Send them to Communications@BristolCC.edu.
Social media networks are evolving at a rapid pace. It is vital to stay up to speed with changes being made to each platform and general best practices. We’ve compiled a list of helpful resources below.
- Posting & Engagement Tips
- Blank Content Calendar
- Popular Bristol Hashtags and Mentions
- 11 Social Media Calendars, Tools and Templates by HubSpot
- How to Increase Social Media Engagement by Hootsuite
- VIDEO: What to Post on Social Media to Get Engagement
- How to Get More Followers on Twitter by Sprout Social
- 10 Tips to Increase Twitter Followers by Simplilearn
- 7 Tips for Creating Engaging Content Every Day by Twitter
- How to Create the Perfect Facebook Business Page by Buffer
- Facebook Page Help Center
- Instagram Tips by Buffer
- 7 Tips for Using Instagram for Business by Sendible