New Campus Protocols
What you need to know before visiting any of the college locations.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Wearing masks or face coverings indoors at any Bristol Community College location is dependent on the daily level of new COVID-19 cases in our area. See below for more information.
Please see the graph below as a visual guide. The color in effect will be posted on monitors around the college.
Today's color level:
ORANGE - Mask Recommended
|RED:||135 or more new COVID-19 cases per day.
High Risk, dining restrictions
|ORANGE:||5-134 new cases per day.
Moderately High Risk, no dining restrictions*
|YELLOW:||58-94 new cases per day.
Moderately Low Risk, no dining restrictions*
|GREEN:||57 or fewer new cases per day.
Low Risk, Masks Optional*
*For vaccinated individuals
When the positive case count drops to seven consecutive days that average below our
threshold of 135 cases or fewer per day, we drop the requirement of using masks on
campus back to recommended. If cases climb back to an average of 135 cases a day,
we will shift to requiring masks. Free masks are available at the entrances of most
Bristol Community College buildings.
COVID-19 Employee and Student Vaccine Policy is Still in Effect
- COVID-19 vaccinations are and will continue to be required for all on-campus employees, students, vendors, visitors and anyone who will be visiting any of the college locations for more than 15 minutes, unless they have a valid COVID-19 accommodation.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear face coverings indoors.
- Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 must follow all CDC recommendations including wearing a mask or face covering indoors for five days after their isolation or quarantine period.
- Anyone who may be exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms must wear a mask or face covering regardless of vaccination status. We suggest wearing a face mask or face covering if you are experiencing symptoms of other contagious viruses as well, such as influenza or a cold.
- Masks or face coverings must always be worn in Student Health Services, Fall River Campus, E104.
Faculty & Students - Specialized Academic Environments
- Students who attend classes or participate in clinicals, internships, service learning or other learning experiences at non-Bristol locations are subject to the mask policy at the host location. (This may or may not require them to wear a mask.) Programs such as nursing and dental will continue to follow guidelines per their specific program.
- All athletes, coaches and other related individuals who are traveling via college-sponsored transportation to an athletic competition or event will be required to wear a mask or face covering during the entire time of transportation.
- All students, guests, chaperones and other related individuals who are traveling to a college-sponsored event via transportation provided by the college will be required to wear a mask or face covering during the entire time of transportation.
- All dual enrollment students who take classes on site at a Bristol location are subject to Bristol's mask policy while at college locations.
- High-quality masks will continue to be available at college entrances and at Campus Police.
- Rapid COVID-19 test kits will continue to be available at all campus sites. www.BristolCC.edu/COVIDTesting
Refusal to Wear PPE
In the case of an immediate concern, such as but not limited to a classroom, lab or indoor space, Campus Police should be contacted followed by the appropriate contact for students or employees.
- Students: Wendy Pimentel, Director of Operations, Student Services and Enrollment Management Email: Wendy.Pimentel@BristolCC.edu.
- Employees: Jack Wilcox, Associate Director of Employee & Labor Relations Email: Jack.Wilcox@BristolCC.edu.
Eating While on Campus
Bristol has continually taken a very cautious approach to prevent the spread of COVID-19 on campus, with great success. The guidelines below may be in effect depending on the masking level of the day (Know your Color, above). If the masking is level is RED, the following guidleines will be enforced:
It is important to keep the time without masks on as short as possible. This includes lowering your mask when eating or drinking and putting it back on between bites and during conversations. Masks should be put back on as soon as possible when the meal is finished.
The CDC still recommends distancing in cafeterias, washing hands before and after eating, wearing masks when not eating, having masks and hand sanitizers available to those who need them, and ensuring a clean environment, all of which Bristol adheres to. All COVID related protocol at Bristol may be updated as the situations change in our communities.
- Grab & Go service will continue in the cafeteria.
- Small lounge spaces continue to remain closed, while larger lounge spaces may be used at a limited capacity, ensuring all proper health protocols are followed.
- No eating or drinking is allowed in classrooms.
- Eating outdoors, in a private office/space alone with the door shut, or alone in personal vehicles is encouraged.
- If you eat with others indoors, it is preferred that you do so in a large public area,
like the cafeteria or the open area of J-Building, in order to maintain appropriate
- Eating with two people per table in the cafeteria is permitted.
- Please follow directions on signs located in public areas about space protocol and capacity limits.
If you share an office space:
- It is preferred that one leaves the office while the other eats. However, one person can continue to wear their mask while the other is eating.
- If the office is large enough to allow for appropriate distancing, people may eat together at a distance.
- Masks should be put back on as soon as possible when the meal is finished.
Students can continue to access programs and services via virtual appointments, regardless of their vaccination status.
Visiting the college for:
Approximately 15 minutes or less:
Current and future students and their guests coming to the campus for approximately 15 minutes or less do not need to show proof of vaccination but must follow strict safety protocols, including always wearing a mask while indoors at any of the college locations. For example, picking up a book at the bookstore or picking up resources at the library.
Approximately more than 15 minutes:
Current and future students and their guests coming to any of the college locations
for an indoor event or accessing a service that will take more than approximately
15 minutes must provide proof of being fully vaccinated or have a valid accommodation
for COVID-19. For example, tutoring, advising, counseling center, placement testing.
Additional areas requiring compliance with the vaccination policy:
- Indoor college-sponsored events and activities, including student programs and Bristol Theatre productions.
- Indoor athletic and recreational activities, including the Fitness Center and sporting events.
- Library Learning Commons at all campus locations, with the exception of individuals dropping off or picking up resources that will take approximately 15 minutes or less.
Services and Appointments
- Bristol Community College is open and all services are available virtually and in person.
- Cleaning wipes, gloves and masks are available in each building for use wherever students and staff meet.
- Athletics & Recreation communicates specific athletic program protocols on a regular basis to athletes, students, staff and faculty.
- The Athletics Plan and updates can be viewed on the Athletics webpage.
- Visitors to all indoor games regardless of whether they are a current student, faculty or staff member must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon entering. A hard copy of COVID-19 vaccination record card, digital image of your COVID-19 vaccination record card or COVID-19 SMART Health Card (Mass. Residents Only) is accepted. There will be no admission without proof of vaccination. www.BristolCC.edu/visitorvaccinationpolicy
- Please review Bristol's Fitness Center Reopening Plan.
- Visitors regardless of whether they are a current student, faculty or staff member must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon entering. A hard copy of COVID-19 vaccination record card, digital image of your COVID-19
vaccination record card or COVID-19 SMART Health Card (Mass. Residents Only) is accepted.
There will be no admission without proof of vaccination. www.BristolCC.edu/visitorvaccinationpolicy
List of areas requiring COVID-19 Vaccination Cards at the door:
Some areas of the college require that you show proof of COVID-19 vaccination when you enter regardless of whether you are a current student, faculty or staff member. Please remember to carry your COVID-19 vaccination card with you or have a digital copy available on your phone. www.BristolCC.edu/visitorvaccinationpolicy
- CITE Lab/Online Learning
- Enrollment Center
- Fitness Center
- Library Learning Commons
- Multicultural Center
- Student & Family Engagement
- Veterans Center
- Women's Center