Employee Resource Group
The mission of Bristol’s Employee Resource Group (ERG) is to foster networking, professional development, mentoring, and leadership opportunities with a focus on the recruitment, retention, learning, and advancement of employees of color at Bristol Community College.
- Participate in the development of a diverse, pluralistic, and international community.
- Facilitate networking and career development opportunities by connecting members with similar professional and personal interests by developing and encouraging a supportive network of employees of color at Bristol.
- Facilitate informal mentoring opportunities by providing guidance, advice, and training as well as sharing the work being done throughout the college community.
- Ensure that information about members’ achievements is effectively promoted.
- Foster awareness of issues in the community by providing information to the college about the historical and present contributions of Black people to American culture and society.
- Reinforce worker equity for all employees of color at the college.
- Support the dignity of each member’s professional and working careers, giving assistance in the areas of promotion, tenure, upward mobility, academic success, and fair treatment.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Breakfast and Day of Service
For over 20 years, Bristol Community College has been honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy by holding an annual Breakfast in his honor on the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. For 2020, Multicultural Affairs and the MLK Committee transformed the breakfast into a community breakfast and a day of service. The interactive day of service serves multiple age groups and provides community offerings. Following the breakfast and a brief program, guests have the option to visit multiple fun and thought-provoking workshops and activities throughout the Bristol Fall River Campus. The program also includes the presentation of the Martin Luther King, Jr. essay contest winners.
Join us for the 2021 Virtual MLK Day of service.
Social Justice Forums
Throughout the 2020 Summer and Fall Semesters, Multicultural Affairs facilitated a series of Social Justice Forums. See the Social Justice Forums page for recaps on these powerful events.