Complete the forms for the specific schools you are planning to attend. Almost all schools require that you file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for financial aid. You can file a FAFSA online. If you have previously filled out a FAFSA, you should receive a renewal form in the mail.

The requirements for financial aid differ among institutions. All schools require the FAFSA. Some, especially private institutions, require the CSS Profile, and some require supplemental forms.  Check the web sites of the four-year college or university to see which forms are needed.

If you have questions about Federal student aid programs, call the U.S. Department of Educations toll-free number, 1-800-4-FED AID (1-800-433-3243) or check out their web site:

For more information on financial aid, visit .

Additional Information is available at: