College Success Seminar
Scroll Down for Page Content
Tim Hathaway, Academic Coordinator for Pathways to the Future
777 Elsbree Street
Fall River, MA 02720
AIPD coordinates all College Success Seminars at Bristol Community College. The college offers four courses:
- CSS 101 College Success Seminar (1 credit)
- CSS 103 Career Exploration and Development Seminar (1 credit)
- CSS 104 Job Preparation: Your Credentials (1 credit)
- CSS 105 Technology Tools for College Success (3 credits)
College Success Seminar (CSS 101) is required in most degree programs. It is an important component of a student’s First Year Experience at Bristol and is also a High-Impact Practice. This course facilitates the new student’s transition to Bristol Community College. It has four learning objectives:
- Students will identify, locate, and utilize college resources.
- Students will identify and apply personalized learning and study skills that will enhance their college success.
- Students will formulate academic and career goals.
- Students will develop basic financial literacy.
Resources for Instructors
Faculty and staff are eligible to teach CSS 101.
Instructors have access to a repository of online assignments and sample syllabi. There is also a CSS Faculty Forum which meets periodically throughout the semester. It is an informal discussion group in which faculty ask questions, share materials, and learn from each other.
Please see Bristol’s Libguide for HIPs for more details on how the College Success Seminar is a High-Impact Practice.