College Application Process


  1. Send your applications and any application fees to the four-year schools or file online well within the deadline.
  2. Remember: if you are applying for spring admission, apply in October. If you are applying for Fall Admission, complete the application during January semester break.
  3. Send college transcript(s). Go to the Enrollment Center (G120) and fill out a transcript request form for each college to which you are applying, or  to request a transcript online through accessBCC. You will also need to contact other colleges you have attended and arrange to have your transcripts forwarded. 
  4. Four-Year Transfer Counseling Appointments at Bristol. Every semester representatives from area colleges and universities meet with students at Bristol. This is an excellent opportunity to speak with Admissions Officers and to drop off applications and transcripts. Check the Transfer Calendar to find out when the representatives will be on campus and how you can schedule an appointment.
  5. Send your high school transcript. If you are transferring without an associate’s degree, you may need to send an official high school transcript, and for some colleges, SAT scores. Read the college application to see exactly which transcripts and scores are required. 
  6. Send a final transcript. Once you have been accepted and chosen a college to attend and after you have received your final grades, send a final transcript to that college. 

MassTransfer Application Process

Students who have completed an associate degree with at least a 2.0 GPA and are applying for admission to a Massachusetts state university or University of Massachusetts campus may complete the MassTransfer Application.

The application consists of:

  • Personal information (name, permanent address, date of birth, citizenship, etc.)
  • Current enrollment information (previous colleges attended, current courses, etc.)
  • Intended enrollment information (institution you plan to attend, planned major, etc.)

The  MassTransfer Application should be downloaded and opened as a MS Word document. It should be completed, saved to the computer, printed, and mailed to the intended institution. For contact information, visit the Public Campuses and Transfer Contacts page. Please do not send your application to the Department of Higher Education. Students applying to Bridgewater State University should use the application on their website.


In addition to the application, students must request an official transcript from the Registrar's Office and from any other college previously attended (whether or not you wish to transfer credits). Final transcripts must also be sent following the completion of your associate degree. Have the transcripts sent directly to your intended college.

MassTransfer Preferred Application Filing Date

Some campuses may have later due dates, so check directly with the institution.

Fall Enrollment: March 1
Spring Enrollment: October 15

Qualify for the MassTransfer Tuition Credit

  • Complete an A2B Degree with a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
  • Enroll at a state university or University of Massachusetts campus within one year of graduating from community college.
  • Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA, and you will be eligible to receive the tuition waiver for four consecutive semesters.
  • Students must matriculate into state-funded academic programs.  Since evening, weekend, summer and other ‘continuing education’ programs are not state-funded, students matriculating into those programs will not receive the tuition credit.

Financial Aid Process for Transfer Students

Complete the forms for the specific schools you are planning to attend. Almost all schools require that you file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form for financial aid. You can file a FAFSA online. If you have previously filled out a FAFSA, you should receive a renewal form in the mail.

The requirements for financial aid differ among institutions. All schools require the FAFSA. Some, especially private institutions, require the CSS/Financial Aid Profile, and some require supplemental forms.  Check the web sites of the four-year college or university to see which forms are needed. 

Be sure to pay attention to deadlines!

If you are applying for spring admission, you must send the college(s) copies of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received after you filed your FAFSA. If you have questions about Federal student aid programs, call the U.S. Department of Education's toll-free number, 1-800-4-FED AID (1-800-433-3243) or check out their web site: U.S. Department of Education.

For more information on financial aid, visit .

Additional Information is available at:

The priority deadline for applying for financial aid at most colleges is March 1, but you should complete the forms in January.