Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS)
The ATI TEAS, or Test of Essential Academic Skills, is a standardized test designed specifically to assess a student’s preparedness for entering the health science fields. Questions are designed to test the basic academic skills you will need to perform successfully in the areas of: Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage.
- The official launch date for ATI TEAS, Version 7 is June 3, 2022. Any exam taken prior to June 3, 2022 will be aligned to the current TEAS 6 blueprint, and any exam taken June 3, 2022 or after will be aligned to the ATI TEAS, Version 7.
Scheduling Your Exam
- Visit the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) testing site, and create an account.
- Select TEAS for Nursing (even if you are applying to Dental Hygiene)
- For registration assistance, contact ATI at 1.800.667.7531.
To request testing accommodations due to a documented disability, contact your Bristol learning specialist in advance of the exam. If you are not a current Bristol student, register with the Office of Disability Services by contacting 774.357.2295 or ODSaccess@BristolCC.edu.
Prepare/Take the Test
Review test preparation materials and tips on the ATI website.
- Effective for the Fall 2022 application cycle, Nursing applicants must achieve a total score of 60% or higher. Dental Hygiene applicants must achieve a total score of 50% or higher.
- Fourteen (14) days must elapse between the test date and the retake.
- Test results that are more than three (3) years old from the test date will not be accepted.
- Examinees who have taken the TEAS at another institution must have an official copy of the test results sent to the Admissions Office. This may be requested through Assessment Technologies Institute.
ATI TEAS FAQ Center
Visit our ATI TEAS FAQ Center for answers to student questions about the ATI TEAS.