Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS)
Scroll Down for Page Content
The ATI TEAS, or Test of Essential Academic Skills, is a standardized test designed specifically to assess a student’s preparedness for entering the health science fields. Questions are designed to test the basic academic skills you will need to perform successfully in the areas of: Reading, Math, Science, and English and Language Usage.
Scheduling Your Exam
- The exam is offered on campus September-February. It is also available to take remotely year round.
- You must be a Bristol Nursing /Dental Hygiene applicant or current Bristol student in order to test in person at our institution.
Visit the Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) testing site, and create and create an account.
Select TEAS for Nursing (even if you are applying to Dental Hygiene)
For registration assistance, contact ATI at 1.800.667.7531.
To request testing accommodations due to a documented disability, contact your Bristol learning
specialist in advance of the exam. If you are not a current Bristol student, register
with the Office of Disability Services by contacting 774.357.2295 or ODSaccess@BristolCC.edu.
Prepare/Take the Test
Review test preparation materials and tips on the ATI website.
- Fourteen (14) days must elapse between the test date and the retake.
- Test results that are more than three (3) years old from the test date will not be accepted.
- Examinees who have taken the TEAS at another institution must have an official copy of the test results sent to the Admissions Office. This may be requested through Assessment Technologies Institute.
ATI TEAS FAQ Center
Visit our ATI TEAS FAQ Center for answers to student questions about the ATI TEAS.