Spouses and Children of Veterans
Family members are essential to the success of our military and our veterans. They often bear the burden while service members are on mission and continue supporting veterans when their loved one returns home. As such, the VA and many other organizations offer educational benefits and scholarships to spouses and children of veterans. Here are a few opportunities to explore.
Eligibility varies between benefits. The student is responsible for providing supporting documentation for proof of eligibility.
- Chapter 33 Transfer of Entitlement (TOE)
- Chapter 35 Dependent Education Assistance (DEA)
- Chapter 36 Educational and Career Counseling
- VA Work Study (If ¾-Full Time and using Chapter 33 or 35)
- Fry Scholarship
- Edith Nourse Rogers STEM Scholarship
- Fisher House Scholarships
- American Legion Auxiliary Scholarships
- VFW Auxiliary Scholarships
- FAFSA (Pell Grant): Bristol School Code: 002176
- Bristol Foundation Scholarships
If using Chapter 33 TOE or Chapter 35 DEA, the student is required to submit a Bristol CC Veterans Affairs Certification Form every semester. This is the student’s responsibility. Chapter 33 TOE students must also verify their enrollment with the VA every month while enrolled in classes. See our Monthly Enrollment Verification page for details.