Veterans' Educational Benefit Certification Forms
Scroll Down for Page Content
Joseph A. Marshall Veterans Center
777 Elsbree Street
Fall River, MA 02720
- Bristol CC Veterans Affairs Certification Form - All Bristol students collecting VA benefits must fill this form out for EVERY SEMESTER they are enrolled in courses at Bristol.
- Application for VA Education Benefits (Form 22-1990) - For veterans filing for benefits for the first time
- Request For Change of Program of Place of Training (Form 22-1995) - For veterans changing their program of study/major or training institution
- Dependents' Application for VA Education Benefits (Form 22-5490) - For dependents and spouses of the veteran who are filing for benefits for the first time
- Dependents' Request For Change of Program of Place of Training (Form 22-5495) - For dependents and spouses of the veteran changing their program of study/major or training institution
Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE)
Chapter 30, 1607, and 1606 recipients: Once you are certified for your benefits, you must verify your enrollment with the VA at the end of each month before you will receive your payment. Be sure that you have reported exact start and end dates for any session classes in which you are enrolled that are shorter or extend beyond the regular semester. To verify enrollment, go to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment at Veterans Benefits Administration > GI Bill ® (click on WAVE) or call 877.823.2378.
Students filing for Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill®) benefits should bring their certificate of eligibility (obtained from Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP)) to the VA Office at Bristol before or at the same time as the appropriate form from above.
Students filing for Chapter 31 (VA Rehab) benefits should bring their certificate of eligibility (obtained from The VA Office in Providence 401.223.3607) to the VA Office at Bristol before or at the same time as the appropriate form from above.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website: https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/.