Scroll Down for Page Content
MassReconnect is here! Learn more about Free Community College for Massachusetts residents, ages 25 or older, without a prior college degree.
As an adult student, your needs, motivations, responsibilities, life experiences and comfort level with a college environment are likely very different from those of a student who is starting college right out of high school.
Bristol understands these differences, and we were recently ranked #95 in the Best Colleges for Adult Learners among 2-year colleges in Washington Monthly’s annual College Guide and rankings.
Bristol offers a number of programs and resources geared toward the needs of adult learners like you. Our goal is to make college within reach for all.
Find what you need below!
Apply for Admission
Complete a free application online! Don’t worry, there’s no commitment at this time – filling out an online application helps us work with you to explore what options are right for you and how Bristol can help you reach your goals.
Learn more about admissions here: New Students | Returning Students | Transfer Students | International Students | Professional Development | Guest Students For general inquiries about Adult Learning at Bristol, contact admissions.
Get a jump-start on the next steps in the enrollment process. Check out the Bristol Enrollment Checklist.
Financial Aid | MassReconnect
The big question: how can you pay for your education? Financial aid can ease the burden of costs by offering grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study opportunities for qualified students.
Massachusetts residents, ages 25 or older, without a prior college degree, are eligible to receive FREE community college education. Click here to learn more about MassReconnect.
To learn more about financial aid, payment plans, or additional services that we offer to help you through the process, visit our Financial Aid page. You may be eligible for federal student aid, grants, loans, or scholarships.
If you are a Veteran, you may be entitled to Veterans Educational Benefits. Learn more from our Veterans Center.
Once you have been admitted, the next step is to take the placement tests so we can place you in the courses that meet your needs. Don't worry, we have prepared some Placement Test Preparation materials to help you prepare for the exam.
Students may be exempt from all or part of the Accuplacer placement test. Click here to learn more about exemptions and/or to schedule your exam.
Your Dreams Within Reach
Adult Education - Don't let an incomplete high school education hold you back. Get back on track with Bristol’s Adult Basic Education (ABE) and HiSET/GED services.
- Advising - The Bristol team of academic advisors works in collaboration with the entire college community, faculty, and staff, to promote Adult Learners' success.
- Credit for Prior Learning - Get credit for learning through your work, life or learning experience.
- English as a Second Language - Get help developing your English language skills.
- Veterans Services - Get support and benefits through the Veterans Center.
- Library Learning Commons - Get help with writing, study skills, and more through free in-person and online tutoring for any student. The Learning Commons houses both the Writing and the Tutoring and Academic Support Centers.
- Disability Services - The Office of Disability Services (ODS) provides a full range of advocacy and learning services for Bristol’s diverse population of students with disabilities.
- Transfer Services - Bristol’s Transfer Services provides you with the transfer counseling needed to continue your education here at Bristol and at four-year colleges and universities.
- Child Care Center - Skip the high-priced daycare facilities with on-site childcare, available on the Fall River Campus.
- Career Services - Bristol helps put your education to use. Career Services is available for career counseling, job search assistance and networking opportunities.
- Tuition reimbursement - Did you know your employer may cover your college costs? Check with your company's human resources department.